Fides et Ratio

Faith Seeking Understanding

Name:
Location: Texas

I am a 21 year old student at Dallas Baptist University majoring in Philosophy.

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Ergazomai!

I have been working an incredible amount of hours recently, attributing to the fact that I haven't posted much lately (thanks to Adam Naranjo's encouraging comments for me to keep up posting). I worked 57 hours last week. I work the niught shift at a gas station, and yesterday was my first day off in two weeks. I also noticed that Adam linked two of one of my mentors and heroes' papers, Dr. David Naugle. I have so much to attribute for my growth as a Christian thniker. His introduction to Philosophy class my Freshman year of college rocked my world, as did his Philosophy of Religion class. DBU needs him, and he does a terrific job of shaping the school's view on education.

I am thankful that I can call him a mentor of mine (as was my other Philosohpy professor, Todd Kappelman). It is pretty funny that both Philosophy professors at a Baptist school were both Calvinists. I am thankful to God that I can call Dr. Naugle a friend and a fellow co-laborer for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We still communicate often, and will probably get back together often when I return to the Dallas Metroplex in the Fall (though, just not at DBU. I will be going to the University of Texas at Arlington and majoring in English and Philosophy; which will mean that I will graduate a yr and a half late or so.). Thanks once again to Adam for the encouragement, because I certainly need it. I am going to find some essays by Professor Kappelmann for him to post, because they are high quality just like Dr. Naugle's are. Kyrie Eleison en hymin. Amen.

1 Comments:

Blogger Daniel F. Wells said...

Glad to see another young adult who has a passion for a biblical worldview and for solid theology. Keep on bloggin!

Blessings in Christ,
Daniel F. Wells

cosmicchrist.blogspot.com

12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home